Monday 1 December 2014

Essay week


I've been unusually quiet in terms of reflective posting this week. I like to try and sit down every few days and spent an hour or so writing up on my progress and reflections, alas this week has been just a bit of a power-through in terms of getting my contextual review sorted. 

Finished both reviews now though, formatted them, awaited an email back about feedback on my lit review - which I sent Friday! - which I didn't get, so I'll be hounding for feedback in the next couple days, I reckon. 

Despite the fact I've dedicated a very large amount of time to these reviews, they have both pretty much steered my research for my design practice, and as my research for these was settling, as was what I'm hoping to achieve by January.

After last Wednesday, discussing my position with Jim and Josh, it was apparent that the scope of my project is still potentially too big. In that regard, we talked about a couple of avenues, and the interesting part when the subject moved from simply redesigning characters to the consideration of space, and talking about characters as part of the entire game design.

Essentially I needed to find some case studies through which I could explain and back up my argument, as if, as Jim phrased it, I was lecturing to a group of second years or something. It was also suggested I consider exploring characters as if I was designing from a particular cultural point of view.

This is what I've been working towards for the coming week, and I'll review it properly tomorrow. For now I'm just glad to have my reviews completed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment