Friday 27 February 2015

Project #2 - The Brief

My second project followed thus: 

The Brief

To investigate the significance of a character's role and or presence in a game space and its culture. How do I create a unique character that blends into an existing world? Could it possibly add to or disjoint the player from experiencing that game space? 

It was decided that I design a big brother for Link. I also chose to design a big brother for another game character, since more explorations/results are more reliable. As such, I chose to design a sibling for Vyse of Skies of Arcadia. 

So:-

Part 1: Create an original character, in this case a hypothetical big brother for Link. 

Part 2: Adapt that unique 'big brother' to explore how the idea could be transferable to different iterations of Link. 

Part 3: Create a unique hypothetical sibling for Vyse. 

Through doing this, I would be able to further understand the significance of particular characters within certain game spaces, and how players might be able to relate to a character's situation - especially one so familiar as family. 

Of course, I looked at a few case studies wherein siblings already existed to understand their significance. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment