Sunday 9 November 2014

Next steps

Having set my surveys underway, I'm establishing my next moves.

Obviously, research remains undergoing, of which I'm drowning in books and articles... feels like I'm wading. First I'm reading, then I'mm taking notes, then I'm reflecting, then I'm going off on tangents... then I'm building a confident starting point for actually beginning designing and sketching and experimenting visually.... SO MUCH WRITE UP! O_o


-ahem- Anyhow, yeah. This entry is less about what I've learned and more about what I'm now intending to do. Setting a structure for myself.

  • Finish writing up/ reflecting upon current findings from further research.

  • Explore why certain cultural games are successful and why some aren't across cultural borders.

  • Begin visual exploration through the topic of 'stereotypes'. 
    1. Designing characters based on my current knowledge of a select number of cultures
    2. Redesigning them based on my NEW, researched knowledge of those cultures. 
    3. Then beginning to flesh them out beyond just appearances. This would affect how I would develop them. 


So literally, Erdin just posted this in our MA group on Facebook!


I actually touched on something like this back when I was talking about Mario and his famous moustache. It was about iconic characters if they had come from other cultures. Perhaps I could consider exploring redesigning existing characters into different cultures!  


Oop. See. Tangent, AWAY! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment