Monday 5 January 2015

Project #1 - The Brief

So I've been really bad at keeping on top this. Been and done and finished the whole of this exploration without even blogging about it. Had some issues so finishing this up took longer than expected and I never managed to get started on my second and third projects until just before Christmas,then realized that I left those pieces of work on my PC. In Preston. While I'm down in Wales. Woops.

ANYWAY, the real matter at hand is actually explaining the first project I completed.

The Brief:

To investigate the essence of an original character through placing them into existing environments. Does the culture have any significance? What must change in the character and what stays the same?

So, the first step was to design an original character.
Following this, I picked three particular game spaces that I would redesign into.

Part 1: Create original character.

Part 2: Redesign this character into a game world with an entirely fictional culture; recognizable art style. 

Part 3: Redesign the character into a second game world with a radically different culture to that of the character.

Part 4: Finally, redesign the character into a more realistic game world.

For these I chose Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Okami and Assassin's Creed VI: Black Flag.


Simple as that. Or so I thought. It took longer than intended because it was actually more difficult than I had anticipated!
The next post will document the development process I went through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment