Monday 5 January 2015

Project #1 - Part 4

The final one!
Lyall was actually incredibly easy to redesign as a pirate-y type character for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

There wasn't particularly much that needed to change in terms of his clothing design,or his colours whatsoever. I just desaturated them. Actually, he didn't take that much development at all before I found a design I was happy with.

And when I asked for feedback, I was told that it fit pretty well. Sometimes you just get it right :P
(It was painting the mother-****** that was a pain. I'm really not good with realism. Semi-realism, fine, but realism just gets me)




Ahem. Anyways. I just made his boots a little more pirate-esque, just gothed up versions similar to his originals. I was glad, because they were intended as a distinguishing feature, and they were lost a little bit in the stylised versions of Skyward Sword and Okami.

I tried to make him look a lot grittier as well, a bit of a hardier attitude about him to suit the unforgiving environment in Assassin's Creed.

As a result, I think he suits the Pirate Culture pretty well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment