Monday 5 January 2015

Project #1 - Part 1

For my original character, I did play around with style a little bit, but I decided that, for the purpose of this project, it would be best to stay with the default way I usually paint. At least I knew it would be fairly simple, not too over the top and well, mine. 


(My scanner sucks!)

I deliberately set my character in a world that was different to that of each of the game spaces I chose for the redesign process. So, I made for a scenario set in the future. I wanted to try and portray a character who still retains essence of the present day however reflects the dystopia in which he is intended to live. 

Exploring different modern clothing

Ultimately, I wanted him to look a little medieval in a way, but in a subtle manner, and thus chose to go with the tunic style top and the makeshift backpack/satchel he ended up with in his final design. 

 
Name: Lyall

Age: 25

Year of Birth: 2215

Family: Deceased

Bio: Lyall was born onto a dystopian Earth,where technology has been lost after acatastophic war and the modern world is entertwined with a new coming of primitive life. People must fend and huntfor themselves here. 
Lyall depends on very few people in this world, having lost his family fairly early on.
To those few allies he has, he is fiercely loyal - although he prefers to travel alone.

 
There we go, a quick overview of Lyall. The challenge was how could I make him believable in other game spaces?

0 comments:

Post a Comment