Wednesday 6 May 2015

Project #4 -PART 1

I haven't been good with keeping up to speed. Sorry!

However it's about time I updated with how my last project went.


So, like I'd originally said, Part 1 of this current project (non-human characters!) was to establish a world in which the characters could co-exist. I did my usual visual research of both fantastical environments and real locations as well.
I also did some observational drawing to try and spark some inspiration.


* Apologies for the poor quality of the sketchwork. My scanner broke and I was forced to use my temperamental camera *



  




I then painted a couple of concepts that would give me a decent idea of the kind of world my characters and creatures would live in. Most of the characters would circle around the idea of what I called 'Aether Quartz' which I have explained in my compilation of development.

  



 The following are the environment paintings I did to try to visualize my idea:







  


This was actually the hardest part. Once I was fairly confident with what I wanted, then it was time to start designing my creatures for stage 2 of my project. What I always kept in mind was how they would fit seamlessly together and in the environment whilst staying coherent and even maybe a little believable.

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment