Wednesday 6 May 2015

Project #4 - PART 2

I ended up having more fun with this than I anticipated, so I ultimately designed more than I intended to.
The result was four different creatures which varied enough to maintain interest, but also made sense together as well, or at least that was what I was aiming for before I got feedback.


I originally sketched a selection of fairly random creatures, having a bit of fun using the D&D Random Monster Generator, and it was actually from a couple of these that I got a spark of inspiration for the following designs.








This was the first creature I developed, a small woodland animal with heightened hearing and sight for foraging in the dark, as well as little tusks for burrowing and digging things out of low-riding foliage etc.:







  


The colour palette I wanted to keep quite neutral because I was aiming for a believable creature. Also, I was keeping in mind the fundamentals I learned back in second year BA about visual family. Regarding this, the second creature I designed was of a similar palette.


  


My second creature was a large herbivore, and one directly connected with the Aether Quartz aforementioned in my previous post.
 




]




I played around a little bit with this creature's palette originally, considering the possibility that it might have a winter fur. Living near mountains where snow is likely would mean that, like some real animals, this creature could possibly have a winter coat for camouflage. However in the interest of visual family, I kept a similar colour palette to the above Possokit.






2/4

0 comments:

Post a Comment