Wednesday 6 May 2015

Project #4 - PART 3

 The third stage of this project involved designing non-human characters. Now, these kinds of characters are more open to having a more interesting personality/nature/etc than a less sentient creature, however I reconsidered my concept of the Aether Quartz, and how badly it could affect the Quarzbuck which live close by to concentrated deposits....

This was the result of that questioning:





This second design, almost an evolutionary stage, demonstrates the interaction between the creature/character and the space within which it lives.

Following this, I created three more non-human characters, deliberately exploring different types so that when I got feedback later on candidates had a variety to see whether they appreciated/liked/identified with etc...I did a humanoid, a witch which was once human many eons ago, an almost golem-like creature made entirely of Aether Quartz, and finally a forest imp, a guardian of the Aether that lives in the forest. I developed information about the races in general, as well as the specific characters mentioned below:






Again my last three designs have a direct connection to the Aether Quartz, the element of my fictional space that ties all of these characters together in some way. This kind of cohesiveness is important in creating a character that is believable in its environment.

Of course, it included some visual exploration too.







0 comments:

Post a Comment